Late Harvest Shawl
Inspired by the perfect rows of a newly planted field.
This elegant shawl takes some of the most basic knitting skills and adds a twist. It's a showcase for the very foundation of our Knitting Nuance Skills - the perfect eyelet.
This pattern is part of our trio of introductory pattern available as a free booklet in Ravelry.
- Nuance SkillsKnitting Nuance Skills Used:
- Subtle Decrease
- Resilient Bind Off
- Eyelet Increase
- Integrated i-cord edges
- Gauge/YarnGauge: is flexible so you can substitute your favorite yarns. A smooth yarn with some give, merino and blends would be perfect.
Yardage: Main yarn 475 yards, Lace or Mohair ruffle 200 yards
White: Karabella Boise (50% soft merino & 50% cashmere) and the ruffle in Madil's Kid Seta (silk and kid mohair).
Purple: Cascade Highlands Duo (70% baby alpaca/30% merino) 100g is 179 yards, ruffle in lace weight merino.
- DifficultyBridge: This project is good for knitters comfortable with stockinette, slipped stitches and can follow a simple chart.
- SizesSize: 15" wide and 60" long plus a 5-6" ruffle on each end.
- NotionsStandard knitting notions needles, tapestry needle and markers.