Raised Diamond Points Scarf
Learn to knit right and left leaning decreases that match!
Our test knitters described the diamonds as 'rising up out of the scarf". It's the perfect showcase for the Showy Decrease. The diamonds sit on top of the right side of Stockinette.
There's also a blanket version in our Baby and Home sections.
- Nuance SkillsKnitting Nuance skills used in this project include:
- The Showy Decrease: Right and Left Leaning and Double Joining
- Resilient Cast On and Bind Off
- Gauge/YarnThe gauge for this project is 5 stitches per inch but flexible to other gauges.
The project uses 325 yards of main yarn.
Shown here inCascade Venezia Worsted yarn, color 157 Granny Smith
Venezia: 70% Merino/30% Mulberry Silk, 100 gr skein is 218 yards.
- DifficultyThis project is good for intermediate knitters who can follow charts and are comfortable with k2tog vs ssk.
- SizesThe scarf shown is 10" wide and 55" long. There is enough yarn for a longer scarf with 2 skeins of Venezia.
- NotionsStandard knitting notions needles, tapestry needle and markers.